Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

eric

It seemed there was not much going on down there the other day but then we came upon a young couple. She was a little out of sorts, but not high. She did not want to hang out long to chat because she was so cold. She told us she's 2.5 mos. pregnant. Susan prayed for her and over her baby. While she did, Eric agreed in prayer. He was holding a big heavy looking box. I took it from him to hold it while he prayed. I asked about his life, his plans. He has such promise in his eyes. He has a future! I could see the work of the Lord in him. He was sweet and polite. His tongue is pierced. He's recently been through rehab and he's spent time in jail. Looking at him you wouldn't think he could be any sort of criminal. They are artists. He is the father of the baby. I asked if I could pray for him and his future and direction. He welcomed my prayer and the Lord gave me some powerful words over his life - speaking success and strength against temptation for things that will destroy. Susan said his tears flowed as I prayed for him. He really touched me. His eyes are full of life. Jesus is the Lord of Eric's life.

No comments: