Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Sunday, November 29, 2009

not this time

I told my husband about Robert needing a ride to his parent's for Thanksgiving. His parent's live not too far from where we were heading on the peninsula. I told Robert I would check with him and stop back and let him know. Hubby said ok so I did stop back and told him we'd pick him up Wednesday between 730-8pm. He was there at the library at 730pm. He was sorry to announce that he couldn't go. He'd phoned his dad the previous day and his dad said he didn't want to pick him up in Kingston. I told Robert we could take him the whole way home, but he said no. It was just not the right time. He was so sad he said he almost cried. He really wanted to see his mom because she has been having health problems. He was pretty mad at his dad and sounded like he was writing him off for good. I encouraged Robert to soften his heart. I prayed for him as we walked back to our car so he could meet my family. I told him where I knew they made a huge Thanksgiving meal for everyone who wanted to come. I felt kind of defeated when we'd left, but I know God has a plan and a purpose for Robert's life and this year, he wasn't having Thanksgiving with his family.

Robert didn't stay on the crazy road trip with Greg because Greg's RV got impounded in Portland. He is not destined to live on the streets. It is not comfortable enough for him, he is a clean individual and he is going to be motivated to get ahead. I think I must pray with purpose and victory over his life next time we meet.

No comments: