Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How He Loves

The song says "He is jealous for me. Loves like a hurricane; I am a tree bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy when all of sudden I am unaware of the afflictions eclipsed by glory and I realize just how beautiful You are and how great Your affections are for me....and, Oh, how He loves us, Oh, how He loves us, Oh, How He loves us, Oh...."

I was asking the Lord how we can get through to our new loved ones in the park. James was puking on Saturday afternoon, pale as a sheet and thin as a rail as he tried to recover from getting way too drunk that previous evening.

Later in the day, the Lord reminded me of the story behind the song above. How it was written as a song of mourning and despair over the author's friend who'd just died in a car accident, a friend who so longed that his youth group would grasp How much they are loved by our sweet Jesus. And how God used this song, not meant to be a worship chorus, to bring many thousands of unbelievers to the throne of Jesus at The Call (big national outreach events).

God was telling me that it is His love that will bring James and the others to safety. To them, we are the only Jesus they know right now. We can keep talking about Him and His love for them, but it is His Holy Spirit that must do the convincing. James has been neglected. All I know is that his mom cannot care for him and he doesn't have a home. He's 16.

No comments: