Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tuesday at the shelter

Susan- she is a very sweet, helpful lady with a big heart. She has a 7 year old son whom she had to bring to his father (her ex) 5 months ago because she lost her job and her apt. She is bipolar. I asked if she knew that Jesus could heal her. She said I sounded like her sister, Kathy, who is a pentacostal grocery store mgr. in Coeur d'alene. They grew up Catholic. Her other sibs are Lutheran now. She doesn't really believe that Jesus will heal her. I told her of some healings and she was interested. We agreed, she has nothing to lose. I prayed for her complete healing and that Jesus would give her direction and wisdom and protect her son and that they would be reunited soon and the Lord would bless her and make her able to work. (She is on disability for bipolar, thus she cannot legally work but she doesn't make enough to live on.) Jesus alone knows what to do!

Darlene - I've prayed for her before. She heard me praying for Susan and asked me for prayer. She had a fever! egads, doesn't that mean the swine flu?! I held her hand and prayed for healing in Jesus' Name that the fever would be gone! We also prayed for her kids, relationship repair and that the Lord would give her the wisdom and direction to get a job.
As I left tonight, I felt a slight fear that I would contract the flu. I scrubbed up and prayed over my own health. Jesus, make these women well! Even through Susan's unbelief, reveal Yourself to her and work this miracle so she will know YOU are her Lord; You are her healer, her son's protector, the lover of her soul.

No comments: