Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Whisperer

I couldn't find my card when I went to the Club Store yesterday, so I had to go wait in line for a temporary card. The gal at the counter was quite busy and she rubbed her forehead like it hurt. I asked if she had a headache. She said she had a migraine. I heard His whisper. It wasn't audible. He just put a thought in my mind. My kneejerk reaction was "no." I tried to talk Him out of persuading me to do it. It would be uncomfortable. It would be wierd. What if there were hidden cameras on this employee? What if she rejected my offer? What if Jesus didn't heal her? I said something about staring at the computer screen not helping her headache. She concurred and we made small chat. I decided to obey. How refreshing it feels to jump in and just do it!
I asked "can I pray for you?" she said yes, (I think she was assuming I meant later, on my own). I sensed she knows Jesus is her Healer. I concluded, possibly incorrectly, that she was Catholic. I took her hand and prayed that Jesus would heal her in His Name. And we smiled at each other and I left, praying all throughout my shopping trip that she would be healed and she would know in her heart that Jesus had healed her.

No comments: