Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

another Tuesday at the shelter

Earla - She is a very sweet and lovely woman. She was released from the hospital just 9 days ago and was told that she mustn't drink any more. She has been attending meetings and is rejoicing in her newfound sobriety. She was happy to have me pray for her. I told her I would be praying to Jesus and she explained that she didn't really know Jesus per se but she does strongly believe in God. As a Native American, she was brought up to believe in her Creator/The Great Spirit. I told her about Jesus. She was polite but didn't exactly embrace Him. We talked about the temptations that will come her way. She said she was already tempted yesterday, but she resisted. I told her that Jesus would help her with that. He lived here as a man and experienced pain and temptation and so He relates. We prayed and that He would remind her when she is tempted to simply say "Jesus, Help Me!" She accepted the prayer graciously. If you are reading this, I ask you to pray for dear Earla that she would recall this moment and she would know that Jesus is her helper and her Savior.

No comments: