Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Princess

When I was praying for Earla, Princess was fascinated and full of compliments when I sat next to her. Princess was wearing sunglasses, a thick headband topped by a hat and a scarf that hangs down long on her sides. Atop her hat sits a bent cardboard and plastic bejeweled tiara; a one-day-use trinket for a little girl. The rest of Princess' body is fully covered with more clothing than anyone else would consider wearing on this balmy October evening. Princess has nice, straight white teeth framed by larger-than-her-own lipstick paint. She is articulate and has a beautiful smile.

I made small chat with her and then asked if the light bothered her eyes. She told me she wears the glasses for protection. I told her she has a beautiful smile. She said she was brought up in a Christian home. She began telling a story of marrying a foreigner only to find out it really wasn't working out, which they didn't discover until months later. He was biting her and she also had received several bites from people at the shelter in the night. She showed me some marks on her hands and face that appeared to me to be minor blemishes. She felt concerned about occult practices of those in the shelter and that these were the evidence of such things. I then suspected her state of mind, spirits, etc. but she desired my prayer and it was in Jesus' Name....so I proceeded and all went well. I don't know how to pray for this, but I did ask the Lord to let Princess know just how much He loves her and that she is a beautiful creation and that He would bring her freedom and protection from harm.

No comments: