Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

In His Presence

Sunday
I have been really trying to not be intimidated by others and to worship in spirit and truth…

Proverbs 29:25 The Message: The fear of human opinion disables; trusting in God protects you from that.

But that is a hard thing for me to do, especially since I’ve been at the same church for so long and it is apparent that as a whole - ours is not a predominantly demonstrative or emotional body of worshipers. On Sunday during the “for You are holy” part of Blessed, the Holy Spirit hooked me in and I was His for a few moments. That has happened before a few times during our Sunday worship, but it has been quite awhile. It is a most pleasant occurrence and I did not want it to end. I was almost feeling there was something to say, so in my conscience, I examined what might be coming from my mouth but it was not in English, so I kept it shut. I maintained that both feet were on the floor before proceeding with caution down the steps to my seat.

I tell you this for the purpose of circulating a desire for His Presence.

This morning, the Lord woke me up at 630, like He has almost every day for the past week. (unusual, since I rarely rise before 710am). I was spending time with Him and finally, asked what I should be doing. The song "in Your presence, I fall on my knees" kept going through my mind. I then realized He wanted me to get on my knees. that was cool!

No comments: