Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Monday, July 19, 2010

the deaf will hear

I had an interesting experience last week. I was texting while heading out of the grocery store and a young man held up a note to me that said “I’m deaf and I need $1 for bus fare.” I held up my index finger, as to ask him to wait and I went to my car and unloaded my groceries and finished my texting. While I was sending the message, I glanced his way and he was closely watching me and he smiled. I prayed quickly and said Yes to the Lord.

I returned to the man and asked his name and gave him a dollar. He did not speak, but signed. I don’t really know sign language but I was watching him spell his name. I learned his name was Juan. I introduced myself and asked him if he knew Jesus. He shook his head and indicated he didn’t believe. I told him Jesus loves him and He has the power to heal his ears. I was able to say this with motions and a little sign language and I know he understood me. I asked if I could pray for him and he nodded. I prayed in Jesus’ Name that the man’s hearing would return. I whispered in his ear and asked if he could hear me. Nope. I prayed again. Still no hearing. I told him again that Jesus loves him. I asked Jesus in my mind to do this work and prayed out loud that Jesus would reveal himself to Juan and that He would complete the healing. Juan’s eyes were a little watery but he maintained control; still unbelieving. I prayed again and told him Jesus loves him. What if Juan wakes up tomorrow to the sound of birds chirping?

Jesus said “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father.” John 14:12-13

Just because we haven’t seen many or any miraculous healings, do we not accept that the very same power God used to raise Christ from the dead is FOR US who believe? (Eph. 1:18-21) I will continue to pray for miraculous healings, believing God will heal and I know it will one day happen before my very eyes.
According to Matthew 11:5 the blind will see, the lame will walk, the deaf will hear!

1 comment:

Aaron Roberts said...

I love this story! And I love your faith in Jesus! I believe he felt the presence of God in the love you showed him. Awesome.

God bless
AM2-