Abide in Me





Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. John 15:4

Thursday, August 20, 2009

all things are possible for she who believes

On July 17, we discovered that a fraudulent transaction had occurred on my daughter's bank account. After much research, we determined that someone must have secretly obtained video of her entering her PIN and ATM card at a machine during a deposit transaction and later used an illegally manufactured duplicate copy of the card to steal all the money from her account. At no time has she ever lost or divulged her PIN or ATM card.

After advocating on her behalf more than 5 hours over a period of days with unhelpful bank personnel at the Fraud division and slightly more helpful personnel at the Police Dept, things were not looking good. There was but one person who was extremely helpful....the Bank Manager. But, even he got the run around from the Fraud division.

I was praying all along and truly expected the Lord to make things right, because we serve a just God. In all of my interactions, I maintained composure and although my patience was tested, I felt I was being a good rep. of the King. That was until I opened a notice from the bank (daughter was out of town) and there was also a $32 overdraft fee! Something extremely ungodly came out of my mouth. Husband looked at me ?!? say wha? And if that wasn't bad enough, a few minutes later I realized we had a friend from church working on our deck....just a few feet away from the nearby open window!

Man, was I embarassed. I stressed and prayed and quickly figured the best solution was to go and confess to the carpenter what I'd done, hoping he hadn't heard me. I did confess and no, he hadn't heard me. I am so glad I did because my conscience would have driven me crazy for days, had I not.

I sent a great letter to the powers that be at the National level of the bank, and cc'd a copy to the bank manager the following day. Within hours after receiving the letter, the bank manager called me to let me know that he called the Fraud division again and this time found the right person to talk to. He pleaded our case and won. He told me he didn't want to see us on the 5 o'clock news, which was the suggestion in my p.s. if their action wasn't favorable within two weeks.

God came through for us. I had to work for it, but He gave me strength, direction and favor.

But, I really felt I'd let Him down when I swore so bad. In fact, I felt unworthy of the refund!
Sometimes, our behavior is so ungodly that even after confessing, we don't feel worthy of His grace. But, yet I know in my heart that He has forgiven me. He loves us so much and there is nothing we can do to change that! Kinda makes me want to sing Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Your love makes me sing! and I will declare the beauty of the Lord. Nothing compares to the beauty of the Lord. Jesus, Your Love, it takes my breath away!

No comments: